Experienced in diverse areas of Information Technology, I am a fluent C, Go and Python software analyst and developer half of the time, while the other half is spent installing, tuning and configuring Linux and Solaris based servers, from small VPS to large enterprise clusters.
- Fluent in C, Google Go and Python (2 and 3) development under POSIX compliant systems, mainly Linux and Solaris.
- In-depth knowledge of GNU/Linux operating systems, specifically RHEL, CentOS, Debian/Ubuntu and Archlinux distributions.
- Web development with AngularJS, jQuery and ReactJS.
- Maintenance and tuning of MySQL version 4.0 to 5.x systems, master/slave and circular replications and backup techniques.
- Experience with Bash, Ruby and Scheme/Racket scripting.
- Distributed systems technologies such as Celery and ZeroMQ.
- Redis, MongoDB and PostgreSQL database systems.
- Reverse engineering and penetration testing techniques, in Linux and Windows environments.
- Excellent networking knowledge and iptables based configurations on Linux systems.
- RedHat, Heartbeat/DRBD and Symantec Cluster Server high-availability suites.
MySQL DBA in charge of performance tuning and adapting the current schema to support millions of users and thousand concurrent connections.
Backend PHP engineer developing new features while refactoring the existing code base, implementing unit tests and setting up a coding standard for future developers.
- In-house framework
Maintenance of a C protocol translation application interfaced with multiple hardware devices via UDP protocol. Keeps track of devices metadata and sends relevant state changes to a PHP backend.
- GNU C
- Event-based UDP server
Web design and backend development of a web application for clients and agents to find the heat exchanger configuration that best satisfies their requirements.
By entering the heat dissipation factors, a list of product best matching the parameters are returned, with interactive power dissipation charts and the ability to generate a PDF with all the technical information for further reference.
The software is installed on a Linux VPS server, with automated backups and real-time monitoring.
- Django 1.7
- flot.js charts
- Ubuntu VPS
Deployment and maintenance of an Ansible-powered scalable AWS server infrastructure to host git repositories.
The project, with a similar scope to GitHub, is based on NodeJS, MongoDB, haproxy, nginx, GlusterFS for scalable repository storage and a custom patched OpenSSH to authenticate and fetch user permissions from database.
Web design and development of a single-page Laravel+AngularJS dashboard interfaced with the in-house monitoring system inspired by Nagios and BB4.
Features include real-time updates through HTML5 Server-Sent events, reporting, log monitoring and configuration, customly tailored for non-technical users.
- Laravel framework
Design and development of a Django web interface to aggregate and coordinate geographically distributed hardware appliances, powered by the upcoming ZigBee Smart Energy standard to monitor, control, inform and automate the delivery and use of solar power generators.
Single-page web application based on AngularJS to enable technicians to configure and keep track of the solar generators installed throughout the United States. The bidirectional data flow, based on XML, is collected by background Celery processes, stored on a PostgreSQL database and presented in real-time on the dashboard.
- ZigBee SEP2
- Django 1.6
- Django REST Framework
- flot.js charts
Development of a multithreaded Go crawler to download, parse and save to database the frequency, bitrate, album art and ID3 tags of MP3 files hosted on third party servers.
Thanks to its finely-tuned design, the application processes hundreds of files per minute while using very small bandwidth and system resources.
- Web scraping
Installation, configuration and performance tuning of about 150 MySQL instances on 50 RHEL5 servers, processing an average of 3500 queries per second.
Lead architect of a Python+Flask web interface to manage the MySQL instances through a single server, to ease the daily workload of the database administrator by automating the management of user credentials, creation and deletions of reporting tables and presenting at a glance the status of the whole infrastructure.
Design and implementation of a company-wide OpenLDAP solution, automatically replicated from the corporate Active Directory infrastructure, to provide granular access to the IT resources to about 1200 employees.
- Red Hat Cluster Suite
Design and ground-up development of GsView, an IT infrastructure monitoring system for Linux and Solaris inspired by Nagios and BB4.
Various Linux and Solaris system administration tasks for more than 10 different customers.
- GNU C
- Symantec Veritas Cluster
- Embedded Linux
- Learned programming and English playing with QBASIC and Turbo C on a MSDOS 80386 system, later moved on to Visual Basic 6, Visual C++ 6 and C#
- Coded from scratch Klesh, a minimal operating system with multithreading support. Basic init process loaded from Ext2 filesystem.
- Participated and completed two out of three of the Stripe CTF hacking competitions: system exploitation and web application attacks. T-shirts available as proof.
- Been playing the bass guitar for 10 years.